Budgeting...

...The 'b' word!! Everyone knows about it, some people talk about it, alot of people even write one down or type one out, but there are not many who actually stick to one! I know Ive done all of it.

But this year it's different, (I know I've said that a thousand times before too) It's going to be hard, but we'll do it.


I Googled 'budget template' and low an behold, a great budget template popped up, (don't ask me for the website, because that's also one of my resolutions, don't save websites to favourites if I won't use it again. sorry!!) Anyway you just type in the monthly totals the rest is set up, predicted totals, yearly totals, etc. (its a template that can be used in excel, open office and even the google spreadsheets, so very versatile) I went to the library, and got out a heap of books on budgeting, stockmarkets, property investing etc. and one of the things that the budget book says is don't include the bonuses, overtime etc. in the weekly income. #1 reason I'm hopeless at keeping a budget, I always include overtime, come to count on it even, but no more! So far our expenses outweigh our income (surprise, surprise NOT!)

But even though seeing the totals is initially scary, I don't feel like running lol!, but I'm even feeling relieved, I know and this is after only one day. So see how we go!

Anyway House total so far $141.00 (from the other days post)

Today's totals:
Toaster (new): $7.95
Electric Kettle (new): $7.95
mugs (new): $5.50

TOTAL $162.40

And I forgot, a free computer chair, and 10 solid packing boxes of freecycle! $0.00

But still have to get all the major appliances, fridge and washing machine anyway, a couch and dining chairs, and a new bed for us!!

Comments

Popular Posts