A new camera..

...Hi all, we had a thunder storm earlier on this evening, bucketed down, just when I had to go and pick up my camera. It was about 1/2 hours drive from where we live, but it took longer because it was down the busiest arterial route this side of the city, even at 8pm at night, plus it was dark and pouring with rain.


I got the camera of an email group Ive signed up with called Freecycle, its a worldwide organisation, with I think, about 85 countries participating.

Basically its a recycling group, ie one mans junk is another man's treasure, but the idea is to offer what you don't want to someone who does want it, so it doesn't end up as landfill. And as the name suggests, you give it away for FREE, thats right no strings attatched, no money changing hands, FREE.

I was a member in NZ and I joined when I got here, anyway, the guy I got the camera of had previously been given the camera on the condition that he then gives it away also. So here it is.



It is not digital, I know in this day and age, but it is a great 35mm camera, not unlike my mum's one she uses. its in great condition and he included two films and a zoom lens. The reason I wanted a 'manual'?? camera, is because I like the tactile way you have to take a picture with them, you know zoom in, you have to get the lighting right, and actually observe you photo to see if you have it in focus.

I mean digital is great, don't get me wrong, and I still need to get my own to put photos onto here, but I will be able to teach my children on this one, and mabey one of them will take up photography as a profession, or at least come to love it as a hobby, who knows!!?

Comments

Popular Posts