Okay, first week missed...

...not a good sign, but even though I hate excuses, my father in law was in hospital all last week, and we were there literally day and night, not much energy for writing, only cook eat sleep! My sister in law came down from McKay to, so she could make sure her father was alright, so we've had a full house, or unit as the case may be! We have managed to eat healthier, especially since my fathers condition has to do with the heart, and sorting out health before the disease starts is much easier than trying to fix it when its too late. I've talked to the kids and they know that we all need to look after ourselves, more exercise, less fat, more fruit and veges etc. etc. WE've been doing well, but we could do better.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-->
I've been reading between splurts of creativity and facebook and hospital! 

Reading book light tiles


An interesting book written by an Australian from Cairns, Tamara Sheward, that I found incredibly funny, called Bad Karma. Believe me it definitely lives up to its name. From the back cover:
'In a desperate attempt to escape the tourist trail, two twenty something trouble magnets wreak havoc across Southeast Asia in this not entirely politically correct traveller's tale.'
Bad Karma book cover Her language does become a bit too much at times, lots of swearing and bad manners lol, and it does drag the trip through her adventure out for a while, but it is a satisfying ending, I would love a follow up book.
~oOo~ 
The other book I've managed to read was, The Perfect Ten, (or the Perfect fit if you want a recent publication!?) by Louise Kean, another quick easy to read, this time, romantic, piece of writing.
The Perfect Fit Book Cover
It is about getting what you always dreamed of, but sometimes the dream isn't always what you expected. Very witty, there's is a bit of naughtiness, and descriptive passages that might not appeal to the less 'adventurous' but you are with the main character, Sunny, all the way.
Louise Kean, made me cry, which in saying is not that hard, but you know how she feels, because you've felt the same way, the similar experiences, or you know someone whom she is describing. One particular scene when they are at the dinner party, made me angry and upset at the same time. I almost wanted to get in the book and drag her out of there.
~oOo~
I purchased both books at the library for 50c each along with In the Company of Cheerful Ladies, by Alexander McCall Smith, which is book number 6 in the No1 Ladies' Detective Agency series, I've only read no 1 so will wait till I get to read the rest, but for 50c you can't really pass up the chance to purchase it!!
In the Company of Cheerful Ladies book cover
I love the way he writes, and I know this sounds judgmental, but I didn't really picture the author as a distinguished English gentleman! If you've seen the movie or read the books you'd mabey realise why I thought this haha.
~oOo~
We'll that's all for now, we've off on a walk at 6am so need some sleep. Will update on what we've done since Christmas, and mabey update the craft blog and the homeschooling blog.
Oh that's the other thing that has been taking up my time, we start homeschooling next week, plus we need to register again soon, so making the program for the next two years, our goals etc. Not an easy task, but necessary if you want to stay the right side of the law!

-->
~Luv and Hugs World~

Comments

Popular Posts