2010

Well it has been an eventful year, as all years should be, how boring would a quiet year be?

I won't go into the details that I failed to write about through the year, that would be a long an boring post! Instead I will say, we are all healthy and happy, thank the lord, we have a roof over our head, good food to eat. And for me personally, 2009 has bought a lot of amazing, strong friends into my life, which I am very thankful for.

The children have progressed well, had fun and learnt a bit along the way, and my Hunny Bunny, has had a hard working year, topped of by a great 3 days at the Sydney 500 this year! AND he really enjoyed Christmas and NewYears without drinking!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had a brilliant Christmas on the beach, no beer, no fights with the kids, no playing with the new toys lol! Just sand, (overcast so no sun! but beautiful and warm) swimming, Koro, biking and skateboarding, scootering and ripsticking around the huge park by the beach. We are definitely going back next year. The only thing that was missing was the rest of our families, but heiaha, next year mabey will be different.

New years we also spent on the beach, the botany foreshore to be exact, right opposite Brighton le Sands fireworks, not too many people, watermelon, gingerbeer and chips an great weather to bring in the New year!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So that brings us to today, the first day of the year, and the resolutions we are all making, well some of us. I thought I'd make a list of the hopes, wishes and resolutions for 2010! I'll be back 2011 to tick of the ones that made it through!

  1. I pray that this year brings good health, good will to all and blessings from the Lord above.
  2. I pray also that the flooding victims, and the bushfire victims that are so prevalent in this huge country find peace in the new year, find new homes and comfort in their lives.
  3. I hope to make this year more fun for my kiddies, while acomplishing more work, haha, can it be done?
  4. I hope I will be more patient and willing to listen.
  5. I hope to finish all UFO's in my cupboards, and to join a UFO competition at sometime this year.
  6. I will post to my blog more than 3 times a year! Trying for 4 times a month on 3 of my 8 blogs.
  7. I will sew more this year, a project a month is reasonable and I will do it.
  8. But to be more ambitious, to make a wish list of the items to sew for each season, for each person, AND actually sew them, now thats a goal!
  9. To be able to stick to our budget, we want to buy a house by the end of the year.
  10. Eat and cook healthier this year, plus do at least 30 mins excercise a day.
  11. Just get out and walk, go to a park or the river, or the beach, climb mountains, roll down hills.
  12. Bake something every week, the kids love it, I shouldn't be so lazy.
  13. Eat more fish.
  14. Ring home more!
  15. Spend less, thinking before you buy helps in this area.
  16. Discuss before purchasing large items, helps with the on the spot purchases.
  17. Read more
  18. Try and not worry we have to do every extracurricula activity available to children every week.
  19. Craft more, make winter clothes before summer comes around again, make some baby clothes before the baby turns 21!
  20. Be prepared for birthdays, its not like they change and creep up on us. I know when they are, now get out there and get ready.
  21. Be prepared for Christmas, same as above!
  22. Learn how to apply make up properly to my eyes.
So all in all, the round up is:
Love more, complain less, ease up, lighten up, be thankful, be grateful, be silent, be loud, go to church, be organised, spend more time, spend less money, worry less, plan more, be happy, smile, feel beautiful, think of others, do something everyday, Do more everyday, do less everyday, don't be too hard on me or my family, eat more good stuff, eat less bad stuff, and feel free to change any or all of the above as the year progresses!!

I will leave it there for now, resolutions always, become a long list of things to do. So how did I go today?
  • We baked two cakes, my big girl did a packet cake, you know read the instructions and put it together, and it was beautiful, we ate it for sweets. And my son and I baked a banana cake, from the less than ripe bananas, only he had a piece, the rest of us were too full, but he said it was great. haha. We will have it for morning tea tomorrow.
  • We had a tuna mornay for dinner, and a salad that 'Lisey made also, so sort of healthy, got the Omega 3 anyway.
  • We are not buying white bread anymore, boohoo no more soft, yummy ham sandwiches :( but I will still make white bread now and then.
  • didn't do any excercise.
  • Spotlight was closed, so I didn't spend anything lol.
  • Still got grumpy with the kiddies and didn't take them out.
This is going to be a good year, peace and love world.

Comments

Popular Posts