Shopping for a bargain...

...I've been considering that word, 'bargain', and really a bargain to one person, may not necessarily be your idea of a bargain.

For instance I bid on a very ornate blue, or deep aqua, leather lounge suite that was on Ebay, I loved it because of the colour, but was only prepared to pay $40 tops, lol, anyway, it sold for $996.00, which we would have never paid, but for the item was totally worth it for the purchaser who obviously got a bargain, I estimated the lounge suite to be worth at the very least $3000.00.

So that got me thinking, that my bargains may not be the bargains they seem on the surface, sure, initially we'll save a bundle buying secondhand, or cheaper items new. For example, I just bought a brand new iron for $7.95!! But in the long run will it really save us money.


For appliances I'd say definitely, not, we would have to replace or at the very least fix them, before the year is out. Plus for efficiency, like a fridge, I'd have to replace the seals and most likely defrost the fridge twice as often, if not more, than a new fridge.

The lounge suite, table, cutlery and others definitely yes, I think a bargain has to be advantageous to the purchaser not just initiallly, but in good condition throughout its life.


That all said, this is my lastest aquisitions:



One whistling kettle, one teapot, one oil pourer, and a recipe book stand.

And for me, they are a bargain! At $24 buckaroos for the lot, including postage, thats a bargain. They are solid, we will use them nearly everyday, they will probably last a lifetime! What more could I ask.

Comments

Popular Posts