Move number 4 ....

....successful!! We've got a pool, six bedrooms, ours is upstairs along with a living room, we have all our bookcases set up and desks etc. so plenty of room for homeschooling in there. There is airconditioning in the upstairs and downstairs living rooms, so hopefully we'll keep cool this summer. I hate the heat!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~8~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We had a BBQ tonight, part of our family came back from our nannies tangi tonight, too, so it was good to see them. We had a BBQ to watch the final, unfortunately the Storm lost by 40 to nil, but an excellent result for Manly who definitely were the best team this season. Of course the team I was going for is the Warriors, and as a surprise to most people they made it not only into the top eight but into the semi finals. So way to go guys thats a great result, and I knew you all could do it, I would have made a mint if I had bet on the last few games, I was the only one who in the whanau who backed you guys lol!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~8~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I unfortunately missed my school reunion this year, it was last night. I also missed my 10 year at college in April. I was disappointed both times, but more so last night. It was over 20 years ago since I attended Ceduna Area School, but I absolutely would have love to have gone. Mabey because it was the last school I attended in Australia, mabey because the memories there were the most vivid, I don't know. But I loved my time there. I was always very shy, I know, if you know me now you might say otherwise, but I didnt like to draw attention to myself alot so I prefered to go it alone and only sometimes interact with others lol!

My honey also wanted to go and see where I came from, who my friends were, what I was like as a child.. unfortunately, my actual childhood is not the greatest story, but sometimes the memories you make outside of your normal life make up for the hardships you face at home. We are going down there for a road trip, it will be great, sometimes I even want to go back there, to a time before I grew up, back to childhood. I know it sounds silly, but somedays it seems easier to be a child than to face the grownup world! Anyway, We'll be taking a campervan or similar the cheaper version of a trip, but in my opinion much more fun.. You get to look around see the country side, become one with the plants and animals haha! I am really looking forward to it, I might even suggest we go there instead of going home to NZ. OH my gosh shock horror, but its just how I feel at the mo~!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~8~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some of my greatest memories in Ceduna are from the time my dad had to come back to NZ and try and make my mum come back to Aus (long story) we stayed with a great German family from church, the boys mum we stayed with made THE best Black Forest gateau I have every tasted. We went on a camp with them and it was excellent, before we had gone, I had an accident and we were travelling somewhere in the car, just pulled out of the driveway, and I think the door wasnt closed, I was in the front, well, I was holding onto the door handle and when the door opened I was pulled out I was dragged along the road, probably not a long way, but far enough to have a nasty gash on my knee, when we went to camp I swam in the sea and it healed it I think, of course I stll have the scar, but really good times lol! On the same camp I learnt to ride a motorbike, I love it, I came off a couple of times one time when I was a ways from camp and I got a bit scared, but I got back on started the bike a rode back into camp as though nothing had happened! After that Ive loved dirt bikes and probably should have given it a go as a professional racer, but nevermind. On the same camp we rode dune buggies in the sand dunes, and went spotlighting on range rovers lookin for kangaroos, I was on the front of the vehicle for a while, Im sure my dad never found out about that!! Good times!

Goodnight world, remember the good times forgett about the bad

Comments

Popular Posts